Brass Copper & Zinc Alloy Foils Roll - Coil - Sheet - Strip -
Brass Information :
Brass is mainly an alloy that consists of copper with zinc added.
Brasses can have varying amounts of zinc or other elements added.
These varying mixtures produce a wide range of properties and
variation in color. Increased amounts of zinc provide the material
with improved strength and ductility. Brass can range in color from
red to yellow depending on the amount of zinc added to the alloy.
If the zinc content of the brass ranges from 32% to 39%, it will
have increased hot-working abilities but the cold-working will be
If the brass contains over 39% zinc, it will have a higher strength
and lower ductility (at room temperature).
Brass is commonly used for decorative purposes primarily because of
its resemblance to gold. It is also a commonly used to make musical
instruments due to its high workability and durability.
Other Brass Alloys
This is an alloy that contains copper, zinc and tin. This alloy
group would include admiralty brass, naval brass and free machining
brass. The tin has been added to inhibit dezincification (the
leaching of zinc from brass alloys) in many environments. This
group has low sensitivity to dezincification, moderate strength,
high atmospheric and aqueous corrosion resistance and excellent
electrical conductivity. They possess good hot forgeability and
good cold formability. These alloys are typically used to make
fasteners, marine hardware, screw machine parts, pump shafts and
corrosion-resistant mechanical products.
Technical Data :
It’s physical properties are showed as bellowing:
- Electric conductivity(20°C ): 27%IACS
- Thermal conductivity (20 °C): 120W/(m °C )
- Elastic modulus: 105000N/mm2
- Thermal expansion coefficient (20-300 °C ) 20 X 10 -6 °C -1
- bright gold appearance
- higher malleability than bronze or zinc
- acoustic properties appropriate for use in musical instruments
- low friction
- soft - may be used where low chance of sparking is necessary
- relatively low melting point
- easy to cast
- not ferromagnetic (which makes it easier to separate from other
metals for recycling)
Specifications Available (mm)
Width Toler± 0.1ances
Tensile Strength Rm/N/mm2
Note: We can provide products with other properties according to
Why Choose Civen As Your Supplier :
1. Very competitive price
2. Small order acceptable
3. Good quality
4. On time delivery and perfect service
5. Customers' design are welcome!
Production Process & Craft :